• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    I'll second the Woodfire and Melting Pot. (the lady loves Melting Pot). Also The Sly Horse Tavern is excellent. http://www.slyhorsetavern.com/

melting pot is great, but its a lot more fun w/ a group!

Thanks for all the great places guys... i'm going to take the wife to a bunch of new places now.... she'll be on board w/ me getting a few new toys thanks to the recommendations in this thread. :thumbsup:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    +1 for Lewnes. Absolutely outstanding, but it can be tough to get a reservation with less than a week of lead time.

There's also a Ruth Chris in Annapolis if that floats your boat.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    There's a little Italian place in Annapolis, across from the dock in the corner. I can't remember the name, it's a woman's name. Good food, not expensive good service.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    There's a little Italian place in Annapolis, across from the dock in the corner. I can't remember the name, it's a woman's name. Good food, not expensive good service.

Maria's

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    IMHO, Marias's food is not bad, but not great either and their service is hit or miss. Mostly miss. Typical of most restaurants in downtown Nap town.

That said, their canoli's are fantastic and worth the trip even if you get them as carryout.

If I am going to eat anywhere near there and want something other than oyster shooters (which I definately enjoy at several places near ego alley) I prefer to go to Cafe Normandie. Some of their food is very good (steak au poivre, if you can get it) but again, like the other places around there the service can be lacking.

Just don't expect too much and you will not be disappointed.

Happy dining.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    FWIW......we had an excellent meal at the KentMorr on Kent Island last night. the crab cakes were excellent and the beer was cold.

Service was little on the slow side, but not intolerable.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Ironbridge Wine Company in Columbia....Pricey but great selection of wine, gourmet entrees and a truckload of ambience. If your wife is a "Foodie" then she will love it and love you long time for it.

For Mex that won't put a hole in your wallet, Pachanga Grill right in Odenton. Great Food and Drinks. After a couple of "fishbowl" margaritas or pachanga punch; let the games begin.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    For good Mex, I don't know if it's still there, but there was a restaurant right off of Glebe Road in Arlington called the El Passo Cafe. It's the best Mexican food I've eaten in this area by far.

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    For good Mex, I don't know if it's still there, but there was a restaurant right off of Glebe Road in Arlington called the El Passo Cafe. It's the best Mexican food I've eaten in this area by far.

i've eaten at a good place down there when visiting my buddy, its some of the best mexican i've ever had, possibly the same spot.

jwalker3181

Aspiring Zombie Hunter
    Sep 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    i must be the only anti-ruth's chris...i've never understood the attraction...it always just seemed like overpriced decent meat...though i also don't order a steak at any restaurant...i can't see that attraction either...if i want a good steak i'm gonna go to my local amish market and buy a nice piece of meat and then cook it to my liking! I don't want some random chef deciding what medium-rare is for me. *end mini-rant*

i just don't like the fact they drown them in butter

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Thread revival.

Spousal Unit and I were at Tersiguel's in Ellicott City last evening. We had a gift card from one of our kids and finally used it. OMFG, what a meal, and what service!

They have 5:00 and 7:15 "seatings", we were in the 7:15 group, arrived about 15 minutes early. They seated us immediately and our waiter, Charlie, was extremely attentive but not intrusive, chatty but in a funny and appropriate way, about the wines he served and about each and every glorious course he brought us. Charlie has been there for 37 years. Their menu changes weekly, and Chef's Dinner is the same for everyone that week (subject to any dietary restrictions which they were very diligent about asking). Six courses, and we were fully stuffed by the end. We each had a wine pairing with our meal, so six different wines, but poured in small and appropriate amounts so we both felt very safe to drive when we left. Charlie informed us that Chef is basically the only one in the kitchen, and for that reason they don't like to have more than about 16 seats in the whole place for each seating so that they can provide the service they are known for and the kitchen does not fall behind. There was one other couple in the main dining room where we were, and several other groups in other rooms.

The sauces... oh, the sauces. Use the bread they give you for each course to sop up those sauces, they were magical.

Bottom line: Chef's dinner is $100 each. The wine pairing was $40 each. We each had a decaf coffee with dessert @ $6 each. Total tab including all taxes was $310. No "service charge" was added to our tab. We both felt that meal and experience was worth that amount, and we'll definitely go back, so long as we go when Charlie (pictured here) is on duty.

Charlie.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 10.40.44 PM.png

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thread revival.

Spousal Unit and I were at Tersiguel's in Ellicott City last evening. We had a gift card from one of our kids and finally used it. OMFG, what a meal, and what service!

They have 5:00 and 7:15 "seatings", we were in the 7:15 group, arrived about 15 minutes early. They seated us immediately and our waiter, Charlie, was extremely attentive but not intrusive, chatty but in a funny and appropriate way, about the wines he served and about each and every glorious course he brought us. Charlie has been there for 37 years. Their menu changes weekly, and Chef's Dinner is the same for everyone that week (subject to any dietary restrictions which they were very diligent about asking). Six courses, and we were fully stuffed by the end. We each had a wine pairing with our meal, so six different wines, but poured in small and appropriate amounts so we both felt very safe to drive when we left. Charlie informed us that Chef is basically the only one in the kitchen, and for that reason they don't like to have more than about 16 seats in the whole place for each seating so that they can provide the service they are known for and the kitchen does not fall behind. There was one other couple in the main dining room where we were, and several other groups in other rooms.

The sauces... oh, the sauces. Use the bread they give you for each course to sop up those sauces, they were magical.

Bottom line: Chef's dinner is $100 each. The wine pairing was $40 each. We each had a decaf coffee with dessert @ $6 each. Total tab including all taxes was $310. No "service charge" was added to our tab. We both felt that meal and experience was worth that amount, and we'll definitely go back, so long as we go when Charlie (pictured here) is on duty.

View attachment 439953 View attachment 439955

*****That is an extremely reasonable price for such a menu with wine pairings. Our area here is loaded with phenomenally good restaurants with remarkably talented high end chefs. Some work in smaller venues, and several work for larger restaurants and have a few understudies to help them insure every meal comes out a high quality experience.

The menu above looks great! I'll definitely check them out. That type of restaurant with very few seats is quite common in Europe and the best are often booked weeks in advance, and offer phenomenal service with food prepared by chefs that really know their craft.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    The missus and I have had both good experiences and a bad experience at Tersiguel's. Unfortunately, the bad experience was over a dozen years ago on her birthday. She won't go back. It was a waitress issue.

Tersiguel's is an anchor in Old Ellicott City and I'm glad they are still there. It is an excellent French restaurant.

There was an excellent steak house down the street. The floods literally wiped them out of business.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    The missus and I have had both good experiences and a bad experience at Tersiguel's. Unfortunately, the bad experience was over a dozen years ago on her birthday. She won't go back. It was a waitress issue.

Tersiguel's is an anchor in Old Ellicott City and I'm glad they are still there. It is an excellent French restaurant.

There was an excellent steak house down the street. The floods literally wiped them out of business.
    We never got to go to Jordan's. I guess the next best place for steak (other than my house) is Ruth's Chris in Odenton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom