• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    With the end of session we may think the coast is clear to start discussing the loopholes of 281. I ask that we show caution. on this. We did great work this session, but that also put us on radars we weren't on before. I have no doubt in my mind that we have some lurkers on here gathering info for the next session to use again our civil rights. Dumais has already said she's looking for things for next session, lets not make it easy.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I agree. Same as before. Do NOT discuss loopholes. It just makes it easier for them to know what to look for and change next year. Provided this actually does go into effect.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

ShallNotInfringe's Corollary: Stupidity is a masquerade for malice.

*** Now that MD has a precedent for fingerprinting, background investigation, training and proficiency test for exercising ONE right, can we impose it on ALL rights?? ***

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    F'em

Why are people afraid of their elected representives?

Grow a pair of balls and run against them in the election!

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

ShallNotInfringe's Corollary: Stupidity is a masquerade for malice.

*** Now that MD has a precedent for fingerprinting, background investigation, training and proficiency test for exercsing ONE right, can we impose it on ALL rights?? ***

If they did then only gun owners would have completed the rights licensing requirements, and that would suck for the majority in this state.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    If they did then only gun owners would have completed the rights licensing requirements, and that would suck for the majority in this state.

Awwww, gee whiz! How awful.

*** Now that MD has a precedent for fingerprinting, background investigation, training and proficiency test for exercising ONE right, can we impose it on ALL rights?? ***

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not afraid of my elected officials, mine are on our side. It's those in PG, Montgomery and Baltimore city that scare me, their willingness to concede in private, but not vote that way astounds me. That shows a lack of integrity in my opinion.

Tashtego

Jan 6, 2013
    I think there's no chance of hiding the truth from the other side if they are really interested in pushing this.

On the other hand, a LOT of law-abiding people will simply assume that they can't buy any sport rifles anymore, unless we communicate the facts. Those people need to take advantage of what they can still buy, the movement needs to add new responsible gun owners while it can, and Md FFls will need the sales. So I think we need to be able to discuss here which rifles are not going to be banned come October.

Mr H

Banana'd
    With the end of session we may think the coast is clear to start discussing the loopholes of 281. I ask that we show caution. on this. We did great work this session, but that also put us on radars we weren't on before. I have no doubt in my mind that we have some lurkers on here gathering info for the next session to use again our civil rights. Dumais has already said she's looking for things for next session, lets not make it easy.

No speculation needed. People are looking here, and monitoring the flavor of things... daily.

mdalbke

Jul 4, 2011
    you mean the loophole to convert my black powder musket to full auto? Boy will they look silly when we all do that.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This is an on line information exchange is it not? Don't you think these folks can deduce the "loopholes" without looking here? They're not lopopholes anyway. If they allowed it, it's by design. They aren't as ignorant as we think they are. Their staffs are pretty saavy.

I'm not gonna let those tyrants in Annapolis infringe on my 1A rights just because they infringed on my 2A rights.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    This is an on line information exchange is it not? Don't you think these folks can deduce the loopholes without looking here?

I'm not gonna let those tyrants in Annapolis infringe on my 1A rights just because they infringed on my 2A rights.

Exactly.

C'mon, you really don't think they already know? I originally thought they were dumb, now I am convinced they are not... They figured they would take a forward approach for many reasons and attack the ones who have no idea what's coming.

Tired of the "braintrust" attitude.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Are they loopholes, or just the law? The word loophole is used in the context of not "paying your fair share" in attacks against the rich. It's not a loophole if one can do it legally.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I discovered a loophole that allows me to turn my nerf gun into a fully automatic gummie bear shooting tractor beam of awesomeness!

For real though.. I agree with some of the others.. It won't be hard for them to figure out what they can take from us next so it would better benefit the 2A community to let them know what can and can't be had after Oct 1.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    look, they don't need to know the loopholes when they can just ram through a ban on features or classes of arms.

they can just make a 1 feature test, or ban all semiautos, or detachable mags. they have the ability to pass whatever illegal law they want.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    F'em

Why are people afraid of their elected representives?

Grow a pair of balls and run against them in the election!

I couldn't agree more.

If we stood on top the highest mountain and shouted about all the firearms that are still legal, they wouldn't care. SB0281 is nothing more than feel good legislation. The far-left democrats can stand-up to say they did something.

They don't care guys. There's no need to be so paranoid and fearful. They didn't listen in the hearings, so what makes you think they care to listen to now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom