• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    A Texas school just reported that (12) people have been stabbed by more than one stabber.

Odd! This is a perfect lead-in story to what I was about to say. 281 is just the beginning. They know full well that in time more people are going to die from gun violence. But instead of blameing the usual suspects (criminals), they will come after us again so they can protect their voter base.

When that time comes, they will say LOOK we did our best to stop crime with 281, but it didn't work. We need MORE gun laws to make not-so-mary-land a safe place for our children.

When enough people get shot with handguns, they will say no more handguns in this state.

When 14 people get shot in one spree using (2) 10 round magazines, they will say we need to ban ALL rifles with detachable magazines. Magazine problem solved.

They will revert back to 281 and say WE TRIED. Now we need to do more.

Once again, I'm going to ask folks to look at the whole picture and not just what happened to us in Annapolis.

It is going to get much, much worse. Stay focused on 2014 and 2016.

And after what happened it Texas a few minutes ago, hang on to your Chef Knives, Bowies, and Folders.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    A Texas school just reported that (12) people have been stabbed by more than one stabber.

Odd! This is a perfect lead-in story to what I was about to say. 281 is just the beginning. They know full well that in time more people are going to die from gun violence. But instead of blameing the usual suspects (criminals), they will come after us again so they can protect their voter base.

When that time comes, they will say LOOK we did our best to stop crime with 281, but it didn't work. We need MORE gun laws to make not-so-mary-land a safe place for our children.

When enough people get shot with handguns, they will say no more handguns in this state.

When 14 people get shot in one spree using (2) 10 round magazines, they will say we need to ban ALL rifles with detachable magazines. Magazine problem solved.

They will revert back to 281 and say WE TRIED. Now we need to do more.

Once again, I'm going to ask folks to look at the whole picture and not just what happened to us in Annapolis.

It is going to get much, much worse. Stay focused on 2014 and 2016.

And after what happened it Texas a few minutes ago, hang on to your Chef Knives, Bowies, and Folders.

Great! Now I have to accelerate my cutlery purchases too?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Make that 14 stabbed. 4 critical.

Knifeman/Student used a small exacto/hooby knife.

Maryland retailers will have to apply for FKL's. Federal Knife Licenses

You will be arrested if you are caught preparing dinner without a Knife Qualification License.

Current and retired Chefs will be exempted.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Laugh, it's already happened in the UK. :sad20:

I was telling my lib brother I want a sword. He asked "you don't NEED a sword... I mean it's a weapon of WAR which has no purpose but to kill people!"

:rolleyes: Well... I want a f***ing sword. The right to keep and bear arms includes sword... so I'll get one TYVM. :D

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You know, I was re-reading the bill, and I'm not entirely sure they actually banned what they think they banned.

“ASSAULT LONG GUN" MEANS ANY ASSAULT WEAPON LISTED UNDER §5–101(R)(2) OF THE PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE.

And there, we get the second definition of a regulated gun:
    a firearm that is any of the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon

The list of specific firearms is the assault weapons list. The copies aren't actually assault weapons as defined by the introductory paragraph, so they never wind up banned. It's not even a particularly devious reading of it - they should have said "any firearm listed" if they meant to include the copies. I wonder if MSI could try pushing this interpretation through to the MSP?

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    While everyone is on the subject of compliance with this new legislation... Any idea of FFLs who will actually apply the law as written and not in some totally scaredy-cat, risk averse way?

For example, selling stripped lowers C&C where the buyer has the intention of utilizing a heavy profile barrel?

My (limited) experience is that local shops don't practice what they're preaching in terms of liberty.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    While everyone is on the subject of compliance with this new legislation... Any idea of FFLs who will actually apply the law as written and not in some totally scaredy-cat, risk averse way?

For example, selling stripped lowers C&C where the buyer has the intention of utilizing a heavy profile barrel?

My (limited) experience is that local shops don't practice what they're preaching in terms of liberty.

Shops will do what they can when we get letters sent in to clarify MSP's interpretation of the law. Most of shops being scared comes from gray areas in the law I believe, clarify that and we won't have a problem.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

In the instance you illustrate, they are following the law.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We're not going to limit discussion.

We're not going to hide discussion.

We're not going to have some secret squirrel members' only discussion.

The nature of a discussion forum is...well, discussion.

If they want to find so-called loopholes, they don't need us. They can find that anywhere on the net and they just make shit up anyway as anyone with even the most cursory of experience with Maryland gun law understands.

BTW, for anyone "watching" us....take a good look at this: :moon::tongue01:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    They'll be at your door soon. Do you have a dog? They'll shoot him first.....:tinfoil:

My cat will kick their ass. :ninja:

They already know who I am and where I am. Nothing to hide here.

BillC

Jan 11, 2010
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm torn -- I like the idea of not letting them know their mistakes, but on the other hand, we need to understand what the law actually says and what we can and can't do. I think in the long run, we're better off getting the information out there than worrying about the possibility of them acting on it in the future.

However, the progression mentioned by iH8DemLibz is pretty much just what happened in England. If they have their way, won't be too long before swords and cricket, err, baseball bats are banned, too.

*** Now that MD has a precedent for fingerprinting, background investigation, training and proficiency test for exercising ONE right, can we impose it on ALL rights?? ***

I think that by analogy to SB281, Maryland should enact a law that in order to assert one's Fourth or Fifth Amendment rights, one must prove that one has never committed any unlawful act that might bring those rights into play. After all, if you have nothing to hide, what do you have to fear from a search? And if you've committed no crime, what could you say that might help the State convict you?

Actually, looked at from that perspective, an innocent person has no more need of the right against unreasonable search and seizure and the right against self-incrimination than, say, he has need of an AR15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom