Montgomery County Council Receives Briefing on Juvenile Justice, Crime, and Public Safety Issues

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Yea, your last paragraph quotation of what MC is saying really got my goat.

You damn right I won’t be ok with it! But who gave you(MC) the right to devalue my not being ok with it?

One has to be ashamed of their own values to allow for this type of clown show to occur.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This crap is a direct (as well as indirect) result of the decades long war by Democrats on the nuclear family.
    There certainly bad kids when I was a kid but they weren’t treated like they didn’t do anything, they would’ve gotten an ass whooping and been in jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    This crap is a direct (as well as indirect) result of the decades long war by Democrats on the nuclear family.
    There certainly bad kids when I was a kid but they weren’t treated like they didn’t do anything, they would’ve gotten an ass whooping and been in jail.

Consequences! Bring 'em back...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wood spoon or flyswatter. :sad53:

That's the only sort of impact that would be effective, but only if applied at the right time. By age 13, it's years too late.

It's noticeable that the problem demographic is the one whose family structure was destroyed, deliberately, by the Democratic Party. Of course, they rest of us must assume the blame, because otherwise we would be racist.

In fairness, as it was done in the name of the people, we are in fact responsible. Votes matter -- until they become superfluous to the electoral process.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    That's the only sort of impact that would be effective, but only if applied at the right time. By age 13, it's years too late.
    Perhaps implied, but beyond age, the punishment needs to closely follow the act to maintain the causal relationship.

It's noticeable that the problem demographic is the one whose family structure was destroyed, deliberately, by the Democratic Party. Of course, they rest of us must assume the blame, because otherwise we would be racist.

In fairness, as it was done in the name of the people, we are in fact responsible. Votes matter -- until they become superfluous to the electoral process.
    Brilliantly, succinctly stated.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Very well said.

Everything we've heard about this from the government except for this hard data has been a pack of lies. They've done their damn best to hide the truth, but this empirical data is incontrovertible.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Everything we've heard about this from the government except for this hard data has been a pack of lies. They've done their damn best to hide the truth, but this empirical data is incontrovertible.

Incontrovertible, but continually ignored.

Facts, and reality, are seldom allowed to interfere with the Narrative.

Everybody involved knew, without a doubt, that the major disciplinary problems in the schools came from one demographic. The solution: more white kids must receive detention, or the schools would be racist. Meanwhile, the real problem kids were given a pass, because racism.

The students suffer from riotous classrooms, and from the obvious discrimination,
    and from attacks by feral students.

The teachers suffer from being subjected to hypocrisy, beatings by the Untouchables, by the Administrators who lack the moral fiber to face the real issues.

The feral students suffer from being allowed to be undisciplined, until they're jailed or murdered.

Society suffers from uneducated children, from the very real misery of being forced to accede to a narrative that most know to be false, from the violence of the feral students, who have bee taught that there are no consequences for evil.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Agreed. Well stated

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    hahaha seen one of those a time or two. My mom used to get made because we would laugh when she tried hahaha
    I did the same thing, laugh at Mom. Unfortunately, Mom would say "wait till your father gets home" then the fear started to creep in until he got home. the mental anguish was terrible waiting for my discipline. You know the rest of the story once he got home.

Spare the rod spoil the child. It's just that simple.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I did the same thing, laugh at Mom. Unfortunately, Mom would say "wait till your father gets home" then the fear started to creep in until he got home. the mental anguish was terrible waiting for my discipline. You know the rest of the story once he got home.

Spare the rod spoil the child. It's just that simple.
    hahaha exactly.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Stolen car, bailed and got away from cops, just to come back to watch the others in the car get arrested. Then, those that got away the first time get arrested too.

Can't make this sh*t up.

The family statements should just add cringe to the story.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    All were released to their "parents". Dindu and his other brothers Dindu are now back at home prepping for the plea bargain. Keep up the good work MoCo and do let us know how those cameras work out.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Crazy stuff. Wow.

Good News - A whole crowd if car thieves and carjackers arrested .

Bad News - Since each set of apprehensions ended in serious vehicle crashes , one involving an uninvolved random motorist , expect MoCo to significantly tighten policies on persuits in 3, 2, 1 .....

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Bad News - Since each set of apprehensions ended in serious vehicle crashes , one involving an uninvolved random motorist , expect MoCo to significantly tighten policies on persuits in 3, 2, 1 .....
    Yup. Good points.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Stolen car, bailed and got away from cops, just to come back to watch the others in the car get arrested. Then, those that got away the first time get arrested too.

Can't make this sh*t up.

When you simply don't care and know that nothing is going to happen to you, why not roll the dice? At least they get a story to tell out of it. This is your state and local government at "work"...

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Can't make this sh*t up.

That "come back and get caught" was a nice twist to the story...

"They're good kids. Always focused on their academics."

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

I wouldn't call it "good" news. All the juveniles were immediately released to family and know that there is an infinitesimally small chance of them actually getting any legitimate punishment from the state. Wouldn't surprise me if they are in a stolen car right now, as I type this.

The "bad" news, as you call it, is what I actually would consider the good news. What is the point in chasing, risking the lives of the officers and risking the lives of the uninvolved motorists if there isn't actually a punishment for those involved? When I was on the road, I cancelled just about every pursuit that my guys got involved in. It is simply not worth it.

Best possible outcome is that nobody gets hurt, we arrest the offenders and temporarily inconvenience them before a Judge releases them on an unsecured personal bond and then either the prosecutors office offers a sweet plea or the Judge issues a PBJ sentence.

Worst possible outcome is someone dies or gets seriously injured while we are chasing for something that nobody else in the criminal justice system gives a darn about. Now, in that case, you have a chance of a Judge actually giving some sort of jail sentence, but will it be worth the ultimate cost? See Sgt Pat Kepp with any further questions... https://www.wbaltv.com/article/poli...r-serious-injuries-montgomery-county/45575527

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom