Montgomery County Council Receives Briefing on Juvenile Justice, Crime, and Public Safety Issues

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I did the same thing, laugh at Mom. Unfortunately, Mom would say "wait till your father gets home" then the fear started to creep in until he got home. the mental anguish was terrible waiting for my discipline. You know the rest of the story once he got home.

Spare the rod spoil the child. It's just that simple.

Yes indeed, the waiting for my father to get home was AWFUL.
    There was only one time I remember where my mom didn’t will until my dad got home. I talked back to her and said something I REALLY shouldn’t have, she smacked me across my face so hard I saw stars.
    Then she proceeded to wash my mouth out with a bar of soap.
    I never talked back to her ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Trust me, they are all already back on the street. I don't believe any of them were held. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    There is no such thing as vigilante justice when living in an area with no functional judicial system. It's well past time for Bernie Goetz to defend his community again.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    When you simply don't care and know that nothing is going to happen to you, why not roll the dice? At least they get a story to tell out of it. This is your state and local government at "work"...

I have no idea how you deal with this crap day in and day out, it must be very taxing.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

For three consecutive years, more kids have been arrested than adults for carjackings in Prince George's County. The trend extends to Montgomery County, where 55% of car theft arrests involve minors.

A 2021-2022 review of Washington D.C.’s restorative justice program tracked 659 kids six months, nine months and a year after release. Eighteen percent were caught committing a new crime within six months, 26% reoffended within nine months, and 37% reoffended within a year. Yet, even with repeated arrests in some cases, juvenile accountability and rehabilitation remains elusive. Despite millions of dollars spent on restorative justice programs, a significant percentage of kids re-offend within months of release.

Total failure.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    On today's Montgomery County Council agenda: https://montgomerycountymd.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?view_id=169&event_id=15981

9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. 3CHR - Televised on CCM and streaming live
    (1)• Youth Safety and Substance Abuse Update

STAFF REPORT: https://montgomerycountymd.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=169&event_id=15981&meta_id=168010

MCPD provided violent crime data for juveniles from FY22 and FY23, attached at ©45- 49. The crime types included homicides, rapes, robberies, aggravated assaults, and weapons offenses. Council staff provides the following highlights for the Joint Committee’s consideration:

There were significant increases in violent crime involving juveniles (ages 17 and under) between FY22 and FY23:
    o Arrestees increased 329% from 92 to 395.
    o Victims increased 216% from 215 to 679.
    o Suspects increased 178% from 150 to 417.

Great work everybody!

Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

For three consecutive years, more kids have been arrested than adults for carjackings in Prince George's County. The trend extends to Montgomery County, where 55% of car theft arrests involve minors.

A 2021-2022 review of Washington D.C.’s restorative justice program tracked 659 kids six months, nine months and a year after release. Eighteen percent were caught committing a new crime within six months, 26% reoffended within nine months, and 37% reoffended within a year. Yet, even with repeated arrests in some cases, juvenile accountability and rehabilitation remains elusive. Despite millions of dollars spent on restorative justice programs, a significant percentage of kids re-offend within months of release.

Total failure.
    Gosh... I wonder why...?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Gosh... I wonder why...?

Maybe they'd figure it out if they tracked these kids longer than a year after release.... These numbers are a disgrace, but the recidivism numbers after a year or more must be absolutely horrific.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Truth is that they don't want to know. They're invested in their truth with a deep sunk cost. The degree of failure doesn't matter. Their intentions absolve them in their own minds and those of their colleagues/voters.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    On today's Montgomery County Council agenda: https://montgomerycountymd.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?view_id=169&event_id=15981

9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. 3CHR - Televised on CCM and streaming live
    (1)• Youth Safety and Substance Abuse Update

STAFF REPORT: https://montgomerycountymd.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=169&event_id=15981&meta_id=168010

MCPD provided violent crime data for juveniles from FY22 and FY23, attached at 45- 49. The crime types included homicides, rapes, robberies, aggravated assaults, and weapons offenses. Council staff provides the following highlights for the Joint Committee’s consideration:

There were significant increases in violent crime involving juveniles (ages 17 and under) between FY22 and FY23:
    o Arrestees increased 329% from 92 to 395.
    o Victims increased 216% from 215 to 679.
    o Suspects increased 178% from 150 to 417.

Great work everybody!

329% increase? Holy sh*t

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    To be fair this is not just a MoCo problem it’s a national problem. The way we have changed as a society with parental discipline, the change in the family structure, the introduction of electronic devices and the internet in the past 20 years has created a generation of zombies.

This is not going to get any better. The traditional family structure is not coming back now that woman can earn and take the same roles as men, AI will fundamentally change everything you now assume as normal, very soon.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    They'll never admit that it's:

12 going on 20
    13 going on 30
    14 going on 40
    15 going on 50
    16 going on 60
    17 going on 70
    18 going on 80

The radical empathy they have for these sociopathic criminals is unlimited.
    I truly hope that each and everyone on the clowncil has an impromptu get together with a group of these kids.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    They'll never admit that it's:

12 going on 20
    13 going on 30
    14 going on 40
    15 going on 50
    16 going on 60
    17 going on 70
    18 going on 80

The radical empathy they have for these sociopathic criminals is unlimited.
    I’m hearing the current life expectancy in the U.S is around 80, so based on the above by 18 they will be dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom