• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Going to attend this show on Friday. Can anyone give me advice on who to buy reasonably priced ammo from? Looking to buy at least 1,000 rounds in both 9mm and .40 S&W.

Also , I am bringing someone who wants to buy a holster for concealed carry. Can anyone recommend a good vendor at the show that can help?

lyman1903

Jun 13, 2022
    Beach Va, not Va Beach
    there may be 2 or 4 vendors doing Kydex, if that is what they are looking for,

there is a vendor that is in the north hall at the back archway, that sells a lot of brand name holsters, belts, etc

ammo, will be everywhere, use the ammoseek app or website to get a price and surf around to see who has the best price

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    I've never been to this show. Since it's going to be hot as hell Saturday, I was thinking about going. Worth the drive over from Annapolis?

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Worth it if you want standard mags
    Worth it to get your hands on stuff vs eyeballing it on the web.
    Some gems to be found if you look.
    Lotta folks. Lotta space. Sometimes it’s sensory overload of mostly the same stuff.
    I’ve found prices I am willing to pay on ammo parts. Gear and guns.
    I’ve also walked out empty handed and glad to not throw money at junk I don’t need for prices I don’t wanna pay.

It’s a big show. It’s usually crowded.
    Imma go Friday pm.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I go half for mags and half to hit the only Hooters left in the area.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    there may be 2 or 4 vendors doing Kydex, if that is what they are looking for,

there is a vendor that is in the north hall at the back archway, that sells a lot of brand name holsters, belts, etc

ammo, will be everywhere, use the ammoseek app or website to get a price and surf around to see who has the best price

Not sure if same vendor you're thinking of , but Wild Bill's Concealment is usually there , a well known medium-sized holster maker .

More like half dozen kydex makers , at least one of which can make them on the spot , if you have a less common handgun , or wish particular design or feature .

Several smaller leather holster makers .

A large number of " regular " vendors will also have a few holsters.

A plethora of ammo vendors , notably including Georgia Arms .

Multiple vendors of magazines , including two that have mags for virtual everything .

Pro Tip - If you join or renew membership with either NRA or VCDL , free admission and go to head of line . VCDL membership is $20 vs $17 one day admission .

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    Just back from the show. I saw lots and lots of primers. Glad to see them starting to return. Prices were high any where from $140 to $115 a thousand. Most were willing to negotiate a little on the price. I saw a few dealers with powder including varget, $65 a lb.

Plenty of ammo, I didn't check prices.

I picked what appears to be a new in the box CAR-A3 HBAR Elite model CR6720. Which is the harder to find 20" barrel version. This completes my collection of MT and CR HBAR rifles.
    -Russ

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Just returned from the show as well- lots of high prices on ammo but it was abundant. I was just looking for an odd mag that I couldn’t find in VA/WV/PA shops in my normal travels. Took my 3yo son though which was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom