• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    As of today, March 26, I am still waiting on finalization of the loan. Permits have been applied for and waiting to hear back from the umpteen different departments from the state. Company name, uniforms, and company logo are in the works and being finalized this week.

Save the promo and advertising ventures until after the range is officially in business and turning a buck, otherwise, you're wasting monetary investments on something that may not materialize as a business. If you get all this stuff printed up and then find you can not open this range, you can't sell the stuff you already have printed, so, be patient and wait until the door actually opens for business.

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Save the promo and advertising ventures until after the range is officially in business and turning a buck, otherwise, you're wasting monetary investments on something that may not materialize as a business. If you get all this stuff printed up and then find you can not open this range, you can't sell the stuff you already have printed, so, be patient and wait until the door actually opens for business.

I am not actually purchasing it but for the loan requirements, I have to show company name, logo, and uniforms.

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Any later words on when opening, joining, location?

Well, I may be boned on a couple of issues, but the big one is the perk test. I may or may not have gotten my perk test application in on time. I submitted it the beginning of April, however, the next day they announced in the newspaper that they were not accepting anymore applications. So I am waiting to hear back from them on whether or not my application will be considered for this year.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Well, I may be boned on a couple of issues, but the big one is the perk test. I may or may not have gotten my perk test application in on time. I submitted it the beginning of April, however, the next day they announced in the newspaper that they were not accepting anymore applications. So I am waiting to hear back from them on whether or not my application will be considered for this year.

Did they have to receive the submission by the public notification date or have it postmarked before that date?

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Did they have to receive the submission by the public notification date or have it postmarked before that date?

I don't know when the submission date was. Was postmarked April 4th. If I am unable to get the perk test done, my plan is to hopefully still open at least the long distance portion and be able to open the indoor portion at a later date.

beafly.cakes

std1.jpg

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Got it. I'd just hate to see you waste money on that stuff before you have a product to sell. What's the scoop on the range updates ?

Yeah, you and me both lol. The company uniforms are coming to around $1700 alone, but considering that is for 120 embroidered polo shirts, that ain't all that bad lol. Ah, so that is what the port-a-potty was lol. It actually may come down to that. And if the state has got a problem with that, I can make the argument that myrtle grove doesn't have anything and that is a state run park. As far as the emails that everyone has been receiving, no, that is not in relation to my range.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Yeah, you and me both lol. The company uniforms are coming to around $1700 alone, but considering that is for 120 embroidered polo shirts, that ain't all that bad lol. Ah, so that is what the port-a-potty was lol. It actually may come down to that. And if the state has got a problem with that, I can make the argument that myrtle grove doesn't have anything and that is a state run park. As far as the emails that everyone has been receiving, no, that is not in relation to my range.

Well, technically there is a "public restroom" on the "premises". I am not 100% sure of this, since I have never been in that situation, but, I believe there is a public restroom at the office down by the lake, or a port-o-potty ? If I'm wrong let me know, but, I remember seeing something down there I assumed was a public restroom on the backside.

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Well, technically there is a "public restroom" on the "premises". I am not 100% sure of this, since I have never been in that situation, but, I believe there is a public restroom at the office down by the lake, or a port-o-potty ? If I'm wrong let me know, but, I remember seeing something down there I assumed was a public restroom on the backside.

Never seen one there before., but that isn't to say I can't be wrong.

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Here is the most up to date update about the range. Since I am 99% sure that my perk test will not be honored, at least this year, my new plan is to open the long distance range part and extend it to 25 lanes with dividers. The long distance part is still going to be somewhere between 500-1,000 yards in distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom