• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    And their proper answer should be that they disposed of them and that's that. ATF should not be cooperated with in their abuse.

Except ATF was telling the owners that if they didn't cooperate, ATF would be back later with a warrant, and then it's "disassemble your house until we find it" time.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Except ATF was telling the owners that if they didn't cooperate, ATF would be back later with a warrant, and then it's "disassemble your house until we find it" time.

I'm at a point where this crap doesn't phase me. Come on back jackasses. You won't find it because I don't own it. If (big if) you're even able to get your warrant than go get one. I told you I got rid of it and you can't prove I didn't. I committed no crime. I know tough words from a guy online.

Maybe Muleskinner is right. When it comes time for it to hit the fan how many people really will be willing to get ugly.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I'm at a point where this crap doesn't phase me. Come on back jackasses. You won't find it because I don't own it. If (big if) you're even able to get your warrant than go get one. I told you I got rid of it and you can't prove I didn't. I committed no crime. I know tough words from a guy online.

Maybe Muleskinner is right. When it comes time for it to hit the fan how many people really will be willing to get ugly.

There's a time and place for getting ugly. Make sure its to YOUR advantage and not his.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Maybe it's the 80%

Except that under 29(b), it can’t be assembled into a functioning firearm without machine work by the owner

Maybe, just maybe when it is sold as a kit more than 80% of the firearm is now present and it can be considered a firearm.

After all, you can't shoot a stripped lower, but it is a firearm as far as the law is concerned.

Ridiculous? Maybe, maybe not.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    A math question, an 80% receiver in a kit full of the rest of the parts is that more of a "firearm" than when sold separately. It is a semantics argument.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ok answer this..

Maybe, just maybe when it is sold as a kit more than 80% of the firearm is now present and it can be considered a firearm.

After all, you can't shoot a stripped lower, but it is a firearm as far as the law is concerned.

Ridiculous? Maybe, maybe not.

what part of the firearm is considered the firearm? Does not matter if the rest of the firearm is sold with it. Like an 80% AR full kit. so all the other non firearm items make up more than 80% or more of the complete kit it is then considered a firearm?

Not giving you crap, just asking why you think that.... The only part considered the firearm is the 80% lower. Slide, barrel, etc. not

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Why do you hate p80?

They have a forum handle, polymer80, and you can go back and read, I think, their only thread on this site.

Long story short, when they were getting started and said what they were doing. I asked them questions. They answered and I told them they were going to have problems and why. They said I was an idiot and didnt know what I was talking about. It didnt work right, exactly as I said. They did correct their first batch for anyone who had failures and complained, but the owner said I was still an idiot. So no, I dont like them.

Oh3

Jan 2, 2016
    Carroll Co
    It’s harassment as a prequel to eventual outlawing them. Every one of the lowers I bought didn’t work and got tossed into the recycling bin.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    It’s harassment as a prequel to eventual outlawing them. Every one of the lowers I bought didn’t work and got tossed into the recycling bin.

I'm not sure it's intended as harassment; I see a different motive. By creating this case, ATF can collect evidence for it that can then be later cherry-picked by the antis to craft and push bills outlawing home manufacturing entirely.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    Because it was relief that he did only that - a regulatory twitch - heading off congress from what they were about to do, making it an actual law, along with AWB 2.0 and more in the immediate wake of two mass shooting that no congresscreature could have resisted. That's why.

So you see it as better if the president can just have unelected bureaucrats make law as he see's fit as opposed to our representatives being forced to actually pass a law?

Hopefully you're right, we'll see how it plays out when Biden has that same power in the coming months. I don't see why he can't give us AWB 2.0, by just applying this new power to everything he wants to ban. Then after a few years of fighting it in the courts it'll finally get to the SC and they'll just refuse to hear the case like they do with most other 2A cases.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Just did a little of my own research to be sure of correct info. This ATF thing seems to be a legal battle, primarily, at this time.

USCCA supports the USCCA Legal Defense Foundation that is separate from their normal membership. There is a form on the web site to request a grant to help with legal representation in cases of red flag etc. Membership is not required to apply for a grant. USCCA is worthwhile (IMHO) as another pro 2A organization fighting the legal battle and offering training help to CCW citizens.

Locally, MSI works to track, report and fight for our 2A rights in MD. Join!

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

I have read they have to stop searching when they find the item described in the warrant?

So would putting the frame in plain view on top of your safe (baring MD's juvenile safe storage laws, or using one of the multitude of cable locks we all have lying around) be the best course of action?

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    A buddy sent this to me so I can't speak to it's reliability, but MilitaryArms Channel typically doesn't spread false hoods.

Attachments

• IMG_20201216_210704.jpg
      IMG_20201216_210704.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 326

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads