• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The ATF isn't going to be knocking on any doors. Future confiscation will be done through liens on your income by the IRS. The government will literally try to starve you into submission. There are far too many gun owners to kick in that many doors. Weaponizing the IRS will be the new method.

Of course when this happens REAL patriots should be marching on DC but it's doubtful many would do so...they would rather be "law abiding" even if it means being disarmed..

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/12/11/polymer80-kits/
    Apparently the atf IS doing door to door confiscation. Hopefully this is a line in the sand for some people and they just say no.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I mean, Really!
    They could not wait till Jan 20 ???
    They have been chomping at the bit for ~4 years.
    Have to remember they are staffed with all the folks from the Obama Era.

Trumps biggest mistake was not literally firing EVERY non elected bureaucrat in DC.

They are just getting an early start on the Biden/Harris Reign of Terror.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I am baffled why Trump won't touch the ATF...

Because he doesn't really give a damn about law abiding gun owners. But honestly, no politician really does.

As long as the majority of us are happy with incremental restrictions, we are useful to the politicians.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Because he doesn't really give a damn about law abiding gun owners.

I disagree, he is just not a enthusiastic gun owner; a "Fudd" if you will.

But honestly, no politician really does.

This I agree with. There appears to be an appetite for the ATF and others to treat gun owners the same way Communists were treated under the McCarthy era. We are low hanging fruit for the Liberals to exact their hatred on in what they likely rationalize as "revenge" for their imagined pain they experienced under Trump.

Snapper

Mar 29, 2014
    You can go the Glock Store website right now and they have the SS80 (Glock43) 80% frame for sale, and on the same webpage they sell the upper/lower parts kits, slides, etc. If you buy everything you need to finish the gun it will be placed in the SAME BOX and shipped to you. What is the frickin difference, other than P80 using different WORDS to sell the exact same product?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    You can go the Glock Store website right now and they have the SS80 (Glock43) 80% frame for sale, and on the same webpage they sell the upper/lower parts kits, slides, etc. If you buy everything you need to finish the gun it will be placed in the SAME BOX and shipped to you. What is the frickin difference, other than P80 using different WORDS to sell the exact same product?

Marketing

Snapper

Mar 29, 2014
    I don't mean this to sound like a jerk, but how can "marketing" the exact same product as the Glock Store (and many others) sell, get you raided by the ATF? In other words, the product is legal, but the words they used to sell the product are not?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I don't mean this to sound like a jerk, but how can "marketing" the exact same product as the Glock Store (and many others) sell, get you raided by the ATF? In other words, the product is legal, but the words they used to sell the product are not?

Kharn posted the statute up link, since the gun was sold as a kit, it qualifies for tax purposes as a firearm, where the 11 percent Pittman robertson excise tax needs to be collected.

Selling the 80 percent lower by itself, no harm no fowl.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Kharn posted the statute up link, since the gun was sold as a kit, it qualifies for tax purposes as a firearm, where the 11 percent Pittman robertson excise tax needs to be collected.

Selling the 80 percent lower by itself, no harm no fowl.

But there was no gun sold in the kit....

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I believe the reason for the heat is the two Los Angeles Police officers shot in their car this past summer were shot by a felon with a poly 80 build. Criminals are once again ruining it for all of us.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I believe the reason for the heat is the two Los Angeles Police officers shot in their car this past summer were shot by a felon with a poly 80 build. Criminals are once again ruining it for all of us.

And is there some reason this criminal couldn't have gotten one on the street? Maybe he had 'Felon' or even 'Narc' tattoed on his face and the other criminals wouldn't sell him a stolen gun, so he had to mail order one and build it.

Sarcasm is directed at the situation, not at Aquaman. Once again bureaucrats are focusing on the dripping faucet instead of the busted water main, because that gets them PR.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    And is there some reason this criminal couldn't have gotten one on the street? Maybe he had 'Felon' or even 'Narc' tattoed on his face and the other criminals wouldn't sell him a stolen gun, so he had to mail order one and build it.

Sarcasm is directed at the situation, not at Aquaman. Once again bureaucrats are focusing on the dripping faucet instead of the busted water main, because that gets them PR.

I think it's the same story as always. It's easier to make it look like they've done something by controlling the only people they can, law abiding people.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Since this was the entire kit to build a gun I suspect BATF wants this as a test case especially if the buyer they sent was a felon or otherwise ineligible to buy a gun

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    But there was no gun sold in the kit....

The problem is mixing tax law with criminal law.

The ATF is after the 11 percent excise tax.

Just like the IRS doesn't care how you made the money, whether it be honestly or criminally. As long as you pay the taxes on it, they are happy.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Marketing

Certainly an issue with braces. There the wording of the law says intended or designed to be fired from the shoulder. If all your marketing is showing guys firing braced pistols from the shoulder...

It’s stupid, the result is the same. Then again if I accidentally hit your car vs intentionally hit your car, the result for you and your car or the same. But not for me.

If you sell hair dryers and someone uses it in the shower, that’s on them. If you sell them with marketing showing people using them in the shower though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom