• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Not in, Kudos to the OP for great karma, the detailed AA report and sharing the experience with the forum.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Wow. Glad someone was looking down on you. Glad you're ok.

In for karma with number 497

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I'm in, 69.

It takes a big man to get shot right between the eyes and have a karma about it!

I hope it doesn't hurt as much as it looks like.
    Thank you. Apparently, there are a few who think I'm doing some kind of disservice to the community by sharing this experience...and I couldn't care less.

I'll be the first to admit this was a freak occurrence. I have safely handled firearms and shot competitively for almost 50 years without a major incident.

I'd never discourage anyone from pursuing an interest in the shooting sports because of some hinky shit, like this. It is what it is. Could happen to anyone.

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    Thank you. Apparently, there are a few who think I'm doing some kind of disservice to the community by sharing this experience...and I couldn't care less.

I'll be the first to admit this was a freak occurrence. I have safely handled firearms and shot competitively for almost 50 years without a major incident.

I'd never discourage anyone from pursuing an interest in the shooting sports because of some hinky shit, like this. It is what it is. Could happen to anyone.
    I had a 22 round bounce back and hit the barrier above my head. Scary enough!
    I'm in 224

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Thinking you are doing a disservice to the community is absolute stupidity. Did you break any Cardinal rules? Nope. Did anyone around you? Nope. Did you have eye and earpro on? You told us you did, and I’m sure you did. This is an example of WHY we have these rules. Had that gone 2 cm L and down, it would have hit your glasses. You would have been celebrated for wearing your glasses.

Our hobby is not without inherent risk. Anyone saying otherwise licks windows and should wear a helmet.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Not in, but I'm saving your photo to show people who think their normal sit-at-the-desk glasses are good enough for range time. Glad you caught it in that nice thick Neanderthal part of your noggin! Whew.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    SarbqGL.jpg

I had a very close call during today's bowling pin match. I was seated about 10 yards behind the shooting positions, watching other shooters take their turns when I was struck by a .22 LR bullet that ricocheted off a pin right above my left eye. Talk about lucky. I bled like a stuck-pig for a few minutes, got it stopped and headed back home. Felt like someone had punched me in the face and now I'm sporting a nice shiner. LOL Damn.

I'm a little freaked-out but, eternally thankful it didn't hit me in either the eye, the mouth or the nose, so it's RICOCHET KARMA TIME, BABY!!!

U6G4RvJ.jpg

Up for grabs is BNIB Caldwell Lead Sled Solo I got from Bass Pro Shops back in May. It has never been used or even taken out of the box. (Domestic US-only) shipping is on me.

I'll keep it simple. To enter, just post, "I'm in!" and your favorite number between 1 and 500. I'll select a winner next Saturday evening with the good old Random Number Generator. Whomever is closest to the number is the winner. Good Luck!
    I'm in. Number 168. Also, holy crap! You got simultaneously lucky and unlucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom