• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Wow!!!
    So, so lucky. I would be shaken.
    I'm in.
    I'm definitely...thankful that it wasn't worse. The doc(s) here can correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't one of the thickest areas of the skull right around the eye sockets? If so, that probably explains the partial black eye and dull headache today. I don't even want to think about the damage that would've resulted from a direct hit to the mouth/nose/eye.

I didn't match any numbers on Powerball last night but still consider the $10 I lost to be money well spent!

I just want to thank all of you for your well-wishes and expressions of concern. They mean a lot.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Not in, but about 25 years ago my friend caught a .45acp ricochet right next to his eye on the same exact range, in about the same spot you were standing (he was next to the picnic table). It was also at a pins match. Crazy how that works.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Not in, but about 25 years ago my friend caught a .45acp ricochet right next to his eye on the same exact range, in about the same spot you were standing (he was next to the picnic table). It was also at a pins match. Crazy how that works.
    I owe Chuck R. a couple of beers the next time I see him at the Legion for the monthly meeting. He was Johnny-on-the-spot with the First Aid stuff.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    127 please. I'm glad it wasn't worse. I had a ricochet incident as a kid. My 22 was normally loaded with bird shot used to eradicate the pigeons in our tobacco barn. I went in the barn unsupervised and took a shot without checking what was loaded in the chamber. Apparently my brother had left a 22lr round in it. I missed the bird, struck the tin roof and I heard the ricocheted round fly past my right ear. Lesson learned!

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    I am in (398).
    Glad to hear you are okay (for the most part), but what a thing to have happen. I remember my cousin's husband was shooting his new .357 out at my unclesfarm. He shot at a piece of locust just sitting on the ground and at about 25 yds the bullet came back and hit him on the shin! Ouch.
    Hope you have an interesting week 'explaining' what happened...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom