• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Liked it a lot more than I expected. Less recoil than I expected from 30-06 and I figured out the sights real quick. I'm in the fan club now.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Liked it a lot more than I expected. Less recoil than I expected from 30-06 and I figured out the sights real quick. I'm in the fan club now.
    A fine rifle. If I could only have one, it would be an M-1.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Today you became a man.

There is something special about the Garand: there is no other rifle quite like it. When you step up to the line with an M1 Garand, people will turn their heads and take notice. Strong men will respect you. Beautiful women will fall at your feet. The enemies of freedom will flee in dismay.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Today you became a man.
    WWII poster:

the m-1 does my talking.2.jpg

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I first carried a Garand as a junior ROTC cadet when I was 16. Never fired it because it had no firing pin, but I did drill with it four days a week, then field stripped it and cleaned it on Friday. I now own two, a Springfield manufactured in June 1941 (renovated by the Civilian Marksmanship Program) and a Winchester manufactured in March 1942. I wish I knew their history.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    They are the Cadillac of. 30-06. As you noted, very manageable recoil, competition grade sights and excellent accuracy. I prefer it to my "black rifle."

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Shot one when I was 20 and knew I’d have to own one. Wife got me one 10 years later. I haven’t shot it in a very long time. I need to rectify that.
    Truly a great rifle.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yeah, but you only get one pretty plastic box per year. Where did you think I got mine? Now I can only buy 4 more for the next 6 weeks. LOL. Also kinda related to my FedEx frustration thread.
    Things change once upon a time it was one in a lifetime in a cardboard box and it took a long long time with proven competition experience. Then you could buy more. Then there were cases with every purchase. Then you could buy less. Now fewer and only one case. Eventually there will be none available like M1 Carbines, .22 Target Rifles, 1903 Springfield's, Mann Accuracy Device's, etc.

Get what you can while you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom