• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Make 'Em Respond

Out of curiosity I've asked the Bowie-Blade what they'd charge to run the flyer on October 23 and 30. I suspect it may be cost prohibitive, which would be too bad since the media reaches so many folks.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Continued silence prompted me to send the following to the Bowie-Blade editor and Wesley Craft, News Media Director, Capital Gazette Community. Our flyer was attached so even if they ignore the publishing route some on each of those staffs will read the flyer:

My week old query remains unanswered and the first desired print has passed.

If your policy is to ignore community news involving the gun issue, please - just let me know. If not, may I expect a response any time soon?

I had hoped to publish the attached flyer in all the CGC papers, but time has run out.

----- Original Message -----
    To: Don Pollock
    Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 10:07 AM
    Subject: RE: Print Fee

this is not something that we would include in the editoral section of the blade-news. I have forwarded it to the advertising department. someone will contact you. thanks:)
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 4:08 PM
    To: Blade Letters
    Subject: Print Fee

Is the attached flyer something you would print and how much would it cost to run the notice on Oct 23 and Oct 30?

Thank you.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Tempus Fugit

Continued silence prompted me to send the following to Wesley Craft, News Media Director, Capital Gazette Community: My week old query remains unanswered and the first desired print has passed. If your policy is to ignore community news involving the gun issue, please just let me know. If not, may I expect a response any time soon? I had hoped to publish the attached flyer in all the CGC papers, but time has run out.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    As of today, the Gazette has not honored it's Oct 26th promise:

Dear Don-

Please be assured that we will follow-up with you today about an ad.

Unfortunately, you request came through the editorial area and was not passed along to advertising until now.

Mark Barebo
    Advertising Director
    Capital-Gazette Communications

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Convenient, huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    As of today, the Gazette has not honored it's Oct 26th promise:

Dear Don-

Please be assured that we will follow-up with you today about an ad.

Unfortunately, you request came through the editorial area and was not passed along to advertising until now.

Mark Barebo
    Advertising Director
    Capital-Gazette Communications

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    7 Day forecast for next Saturday, November 7th 2009, is for Low 60's with 30% chance of rain. Not bad for November. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Stop by the MSI Rally Booth and introduce yourself!

-Boxcab

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    7 Day forecast for next Saturday, November 7th 2009, is for Low 60's with 30% chance of rain. Not bad for November. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Stop by the MSI Rally Booth and introduce yourself!

-Boxcab

Now to dig through my treasure trove and come up with a holster that can be worn over a jacket. Most of mine are for concealed carry and don't get much use here in the "Free State."

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Now to dig through my treasure trove and come up with a holster that can be worn over a jacket. Most of mine are for concealed carry and don't get much use here in the "Free State."

If you have a hip holster then just have your jacket tucked in behind it on that side if that would work.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Novus,

I have the holsters you picked up at the last gunshow. I have not "experimented" on them yet and it does not look like I will have time to. I'll bring them on the 7th.

-Boxcab

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Status Report on Peter

No response from Peters, Levi or Hubbard. My October 18th E-mail to Bowie-Blade asking for a cost to publish the announcement, likewise, must have gotten lost in the shuffle.

A return receipt from Peters said: Your message was read on Monday, November 02, 2009 11:02:55 AM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Berwyn Puts Out The Word

We need to keep spreading the word! This is a big one for us, downtown Baltimore! Get the word out, we need bodies to help fill up McKeldin Square.

-Boxcab

Berwyn Announcement:

"There are some of us in the BRGC who are also members of an organization
    called Maryland Shall Issue. This organization advocates for, lobbies for,
    and educates the public concerning the right to concealed carry in the State
    of Maryland. Although Maryland has the right to concealed carry, it is at
    the discretion of the Maryland State Police.

"On Saturday, November 7th, MSI will be sponsoring and holding an Open Holster Day event at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Please read the attached fliers for additional information concerning this event. It is important to support these types of events as an educated public and an educated elected body are critical to maintaining and expanding our rights concerning the ability to own and carry firearms of all types."

Hopefully other Maryland gun clubs have done the same.:)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Berwyn Announcement:

"There are some of us in the BRGC who are also members of an organization
    called Maryland Shall Issue. This organization advocates for, lobbies for,
    and educates the public concerning the right to concealed carry in the State
    of Maryland. Although Maryland has the right to concealed carry, it is at
    the discretion of the Maryland State Police.

"On Saturday, November 7th, MSI will be sponsoring and holding an Open Holster Day event at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Please read the attached fliers for additional information concerning this event. It is important to support these types of events as an educated public and an educated elected body are critical to maintaining and expanding our rights concerning the ability to own and carry firearms of all types."

Hopefully other Maryland gun clubs have done the same.:)

:thumbsup:

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I can't make it ( hunting season and the rut- I have to be around for my line of work), but I just emailed the info to a good customer of mine- a woman- who I talked to on the phone first. She wants to go to the protest and I offered her to borrow one of my holsters as she doesn't have one. Her cousin is the top dude for the Associated Gun Clubs org btw, forgot his name already. So I hope she can make it.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I can't make it ( hunting season and the rut- I have to be around for my line of work), but I just emailed the info to a good customer of mine- a woman- who I talked to on the phone first. She wants to go to the protest and I offered her to borrow one of my holsters as she doesn't have one. Her cousin is the top dude for the Associated Gun Clubs org btw, forgot his name already. So I hope she can make it.

Excellent, thanks!

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 58F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph :thumbsup:

It is looking good for a nice day at Baltimore's Inner Harbor!

2 Days away... Are your ready?

-Boxcab

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 58F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph :thumbsup:

It is looking good for a nice day at Baltimore's Inner Harbor!

2 Days away... Are your ready?

-Boxcab

I'm ready and can't wait! Only one friend will be coming with me I think though. Right now I only have a tactical drop-leg holster. Should I wear that or get a regular holster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom