Turnaround time on VA nonresident permits?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    If you read the instructions that come with the application packet.
    It was very specific that the leo doing the finger printing write down his phone number/contact.
    From what I have read on here. Virgina is very specific as to following their application to a "T" when applying:)
    7 days and counting till I recieve mine.
    Best of luck

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Just be prepared for a ghetto looking permit. I've had mine for one year and the lamination is already peeling apart.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That is not even close to slightly exaggerated. I just finally received my FL CCW in the mail today, almost 4 months after submitting the paperwork.

200 days, although I gotta admit there was a background thing I needed to clear up first. But they seem to have speeded up the process from what I am hearing

:

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Well, I did send an email to them the other day requesting the packet. I am hoping that it shows up on Saturday. I am thinking I will probably not have the permit in time for my trip, but this is something I have been meaning to do for a LONG time anyhow, so I might as well do it.

Time to exercise my rights!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just be prepared for a ghetto looking permit. I've had mine for one year and the lamination is already peeling apart.

It does look pretty amateurish, especially compared to FL, UT or NV. Even given that, it's better looking than MD's. Oh wait, no one has ever seen one of those.

:lol2:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well, I did send an email to them the other day requesting the packet. I am hoping that it shows up on Saturday. I am thinking I will probably not have the permit in time for my trip, but this is something I have been meaning to do for a LONG time anyhow, so I might as well do it.

Time to exercise my rights!

We'll keep our fingers crossed fer ya. VA may come through for you. keep us posted.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I am not sure what website to believe; USA Carry says that the VA non-resident CCW is good in WVa. Also, WVa is an open carry state, so if you are driving through, then put it in plain view and you will be OK no matter who is wrong and who is right.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am not sure what website to believe; USA Carry says that the VA non-resident CCW is good in WVa. Also, WVa is an open carry state, so if you are driving through, then put it in plain view and you will be OK no matter who is wrong and who is right.

Carryconcealed web site is seriously out of date. WV started honoring non resident VA permits last July. I have sent the site admins numerous emails requesting it to be updated and received no response. They also show NV as still honoring UT and FL permits, which also stopped last July. Using concealedcarry.net will end up getting you a felony arrest if you believe the info they have there.

The only two up to date sites I trust are:

www.handgunlaw.us and the aforementioned www.usacarry.com

The definitive answer for any state is either the AG or state police website for that state.

Carryconcealed web site is seriously out of date. WV started honoring non resident VA permits last July. I have sent the site admins numerous emails requesting it to be updated and received no response. They also show NV as still honoring UT and FL permits, which also stopped last July. Using concealedcarry.net will end up getting you a felony arrest if you believe the info they have there.

The only two up to date sites I trust are:

www.handgunlaw.us and the aforementioned www.usacarry.com

The definitive answer for any state is either the AG or state police website for that state.

Thanks for the update, I was checking out many sites while having my morning coffee. I will add these two websites to my favorites and delete the older out of date one....

thanks guys!
    dan

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    Note that in the paste-in by BaltimoreBayside, www.concealedcarry.net also asserts that "Maryland IS an open carry state," which is false. It also says that "fully pre-empted open carry (is) permitted on foot or with vehicles with a license." This may be technically true, inasmuch as the statute applies to both concealed carry and open carry, but in practice if the holder of a carry permit fails to conceal, it is likely to be regarded as a violation of the type of discrete behavior that the Maryland State Police require of permit holders, resulting in revocation of the permit, unless the permit holder is a uniformed bank guard or the like. Also, the Maryland pre-emption laws, while important, have important exceptions and gaps -- hardly full pre-emption. So that website is not just out of date, but unreliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom