• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    Went to VA gun show today. Sitting on 495 as I post. LOL
    Got there at 2:00, wait in one line for 15/20 min's then after paying, go wait in another line that wrapped around the building to the back that started a circle inside itself. CRAZY
    Some guys with back packs selling Pmags for 55 each, other had used GI mags for 30.

We were almost at the door at 3:15 when we heard anti gun goobers chanting their hate. " get a new hobby, like crocheting. Instead of killing people "

When inside 223 went from 65 cents to $1.00 per a round.
    A 20 round metal mag for 75!!!!! Hope it was a joke.
    AR's seen for 2600 and up. Plain janes mind you.

So many people. Plenty of beef jerky and home made jewelry.

I found some half way good deals by keeping my cool and eyes open.

Worth the trip for what I wanted to pick up.

Any questions? Ask away.

TheRevolution

Dec 21, 2012
    Im headed there tomorrow. By the sound of it, I'll pass on buying ar mags. Did you get a look on any reloading components? Brass, primers, powder? Any decent deals on any of it would be good to know.

Thanks

FearNoEvil

Aug 5, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I just got back from the show..wow..was in line at 315 which wrapped around the BBQ restaurant...Fairfax County police pushed the protesters to the main road on the side of the expo center..

deals were hard to come by...
    PMAGS at the usual CLIPS place in the back right side were 69 dollars a piece for 30 rds..
    did see a guy pay 142 dollars for two and everyone close by gave him an incredulous look...he seemed embarassed- I take it he is a rookie..

Ammunition - 1 dollar a round for 5.56 ...this is at the main ammo place in the back left side of the hall

Tula Ammo -400+ for 500 rounds by DAG Ammo out of Fredericksburg
    hollow point .380-limited...

One guy had a decent ammo table setup and said he could not bring himself to charge a dollar a round so ended up getting some PMC 5.56 for 10 dollars per 20-not a great price but..almost have to piece your ammo together now a days

I did see an AK-47 variant listed for 3900 -couldn't believe my eyes...

low end DPMS AR's -2700 a piece normally 699 at this show..

One lady at an ammo table asked for some .308 ammo and the vendor had to open a new case so she ased him whether she could buy the case at per box price (eg. 20x12= 240).vendor said no and upped the price midsale..

I think this will be my last show for awhile...just isnt worth it anymore..

Maineliner

"Make Ready"
    Dec 28, 2012
    Bethesda, MD
    Just got home from Chantilly and I'm wrecked. Got in pre-pay line at 1:40 and had decent spot in line by loading dock. Was in by 3:05. Hall was already bustling with annual pass folks and others. Quickly became Wall to wall people with biggest crowds at ammo tables. ALL ammo 2x recent "normal" prices. .223 at $900-$1000/1k. No .223 or 5.56 brass or bullets available. Winchester Small rifle primers to be had at old prices. Even .22 cci $$ was jacked up. Plenty of 7.62 of all makes.

AR's minimum $2200. Many in the $2600 range for basic, no name. Precision and others were packed.

Ruger 10-22 for $199 and S&w 15-22 magpul version $569 for VA residents only, no md transfer where I saw the small rifles.

Bx-25 mags $28-$30. New BX-50 for $65, I also saw at $100. S&w 15-22 mags $29. Pmags aplenty if you look around but $35 or $40 ea. Gunclips table in back rights had highest prices and longest lines so suggest you keep calm and look around.

The knife guys were all sitting, AR stands all busy, ammo tables 3 deep with loooong lines to pay.

There were plenty of Magpul accessories at normal prices throughout.

Of course the concealed holster guys were selling up a storm.

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    I made it never saw a line like that in my life, WOW, they had AK's, SKS, and they were somewhat reasonable. AR Lowers complete for $400.00 plenty of all kinds of mags, when I say plenty I mean like thousands.........ammo was ok but overpriced 556 I guess everyone owns a AR? or something that shoots 556 lol. Got out of there at 3:50pm and was back on the road, I doubt if anything will be left tomorrow.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I live 10 mins away, drove by it was insane. Not worth it, once all the shit blows over Ill go back. The previous two shows were OK

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    Ak mags were pretty expensive. $40 for a polish magazine. DANG! I have no idea how, but we found some Russian bakelite magazines for $65 each. For something that rare and less common than the regular drum magazine, I was surprised it was for less. I also added to my knife collection 2 Morakniv knives! Also, if any of you guys have 223 rifles, get a 22lr conversion kit and use those 22 rounds instead. Unless you love losing money!

Last edited:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Geez. Two years ago, I bought olive drab, no-window Pmags at two for $15. Guy said he couldn't get rid of them due to the color, hence the bargain price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom