• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Sounds like they're still regular price. Not worth selling it since I have 2 magazines and an eotech replica red dot on it (FYI I have a real one too). I'll keep it for fun tactical drills. I'm glad I didn't have to go over that tipping point.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    I just got back from the show..wow..was in line at 315 which wrapped around the BBQ restaurant...Fairfax County police pushed the protesters to the main road on the side of the expo center..

deals were hard to come by...
    PMAGS at the usual CLIPS place in the back right side were 69 dollars a piece for 30 rds..
    did see a guy pay 142 dollars for two and everyone close by gave him an incredulous look...he seemed embarassed- I take it he is a rookie..

Ammunition - 1 dollar a round for 5.56 ...this is at the main ammo place in the back left side of the hall

Tula Ammo -400+ for 500 rounds by DAG Ammo out of Fredericksburg
    hollow point .380-limited...

One guy had a decent ammo table setup and said he could not bring himself to charge a dollar a round so ended up getting some PMC 5.56 for 10 dollars per 20-not a great price but..almost have to piece your ammo together now a days

I did see an AK-47 variant listed for 3900 -couldn't believe my eyes...

low end DPMS AR's -2700 a piece normally 699 at this show..

One lady at an ammo table asked for some .308 ammo and the vendor had to open a new case so she ased him whether she could buy the case at per box price (eg. 20x12= 240).vendor said no and upped the price midsale..

I think this will be my last show for awhile...just isnt worth it anymore..
    Nope, it isn't. I can get better prices on line. But with obama getting re-elected and that idiot in CT killing folks, ammo and gun prices are going to go sky high. I'm so depressed about all this crap and now we'll have to put up with stupid anti-gunners protesting a gun show. Why? I mean do they have a clue?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I just got back from the show..wow..was in line at 315 which wrapped around the BBQ restaurant...Fairfax County police pushed the protesters to the main road on the side of the expo center..

deals were hard to come by...
    PMAGS at the usual CLIPS place in the back right side were 69 dollars a piece for 30 rds..
    did see a guy pay 142 dollars for two and everyone close by gave him an incredulous look...he seemed embarassed- I take it he is a rookie..

Ammunition - 1 dollar a round for 5.56 ...this is at the main ammo place in the back left side of the hall

Tula Ammo -400+ for 500 rounds by DAG Ammo out of Fredericksburg
    hollow point .380-limited...

One guy had a decent ammo table setup and said he could not bring himself to charge a dollar a round so ended up getting some PMC 5.56 for 10 dollars per 20-not a great price but..almost have to piece your ammo together now a days

I did see an AK-47 variant listed for 3900 -couldn't believe my eyes...

low end DPMS AR's -2700 a piece normally 699 at this show..

One lady at an ammo table asked for some .308 ammo and the vendor had to open a new case so she ased him whether she could buy the case at per box price (eg. 20x12= 240).vendor said no and upped the price midsale..

I think this will be my last show for awhile...just isnt worth it anymore..

wtf!:sad20: Where is FPS he ripped me off by not telling me I should have charged him more!!:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Glad I went last to last months show and on impulse got 2k of 9mm at a great price (note to self: next time park closer and bring a cart.)

Wonder what it will be like in February?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Glad I went last to last months show and on impulse got 2k of 9mm at a great price (note to self: next time park closer and bring a cart.)

Wonder what it will be like in February?

hopefully nothing comes from this "task force" Obumbler set up...you see how he passed the buck to his VP?...if its anything negative(which most likely anything Stupid fool Biden does) he can blame the VP...because its not his "fault":sad20: right now its all speculation...

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    What a bunch of freaks protesting. Did anyone else notice that lady speaking is the same one at the NRA Press conference?

Wheelbrain

Aug 15, 2011
    Rockville, Maryland
    The show was surprisingly light on Mosin-Nagants - what few Finns were available outnumbered the rest. Thankfully, no protestors today.

I ended up buying PPU .30 Carbine (500 rounds/$220.00) and a case of GP-11 for (480 rounds/$259.00), from the ammo vendor at the back left corner.

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    After all the talk, it didnt seem too bad to me. I mean ARs and AKs were really high and it was busy, but its always busy. Ammo was higher than normal but available, and some of it wasn't insane. There were some un-converted saigas for 550 which was high but not the outrageous stuff people have reported. And if you are in to milsurps or non scary rifles there was lots of stuff to see and parts for whatever project you might working on. Maybe I expected terrible so it seemed ok but a day at a gunshow usually isn't too bad of a day and I came home with a Jungle carbine so maybe that's why I feel good.

cvillanueva

Feb 13, 2012
    Waldorf
    How much were the 9mm ammo going for? Should these prices be affected with the fear of a ban? I'm not sure if I should stock up a little more or not.

Also, what's a good/fair price I should pay for a Mosin-Nagant at this show?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    If guns kill people then why aren't gun shows the most dangerous place to be on earth?
    Some people just have no common sense like those idiot protestors.
    I'm glad I went, found an amazing knife at an amazing price.
    Tons of people there but most seemed to be focused on new guns and ammo, I couldn't be more happy.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    After all the talk, it didnt seem too bad to me. I mean ARs and AKs were really high and it was busy, but its always busy. Ammo was higher than normal but available, and some of it wasn't insane. There were some un-converted saigas for 550 which was high but not the outrageous stuff people have reported. And if you are in to milsurps or non scary rifles there was lots of stuff to see and parts for whatever project you might working on. Maybe I expected terrible so it seemed ok but a day at a gunshow usually isn't too bad of a day and I came home with a Jungle carbine so maybe that's why I feel good.

where were the unconverted Saiga's? Were they Shot guns?

Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    With some of the crazies and all of the hysteria in the country about gun deaths right now, I cringe when I read a posting or news article arguing how safe gun shows are because no one has been shot at one.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I was there Saturday, about noon time. Parking lot was packed. I did find a spot close up. Wife and Daughter headed over to Walmart as I headed in. Stopped by the NRA table to renew my long expired subscription/membership. Did not see any protesters anywhere, maybe the snow/rain drove them away. I was looking for a short Mosin but only saw one and it was ruff. Same for the Swiss rifles. Not much in the way of the old military bolt guns I love. I am a for fun only Garand collector, and I was amused at the inflated prices of the many war weary guns on display. $2,000 for a beat 1953 H&R, yikes!. I was very close by when the discharge occurred, rang my ear drums. Sounded like a .40 cal. or thereabouts, I don't think anyone was hurt. Another reminder why I do not bring my family to these shows. Most shocking for me was the price of magazines at the rear of the store from the dealer I usually buy from. $99.00 for Ruger 30-round Mini-14 magazines. Thankfully I bought them last show, I think for $40.00 a mag. Spent about an hour and that was enough feeling like a pinball. Hopefully the upcoming Upper Marlboro show things have settled down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom