• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Honestly no bruises after 60 rounds from a M44 with metal buttplate. A bit tender maybe and stiff the next morning but nothing else.

Not bragging; just telling the truth.

DrunkUncles

Mar 18, 2011
    Edgewater MD
    2x for me.... The first was when I was shooting my 770 .308.... I even cracked myself in the forehead with the scope...

The second, 3 mag slug out of an 870. That's fun shoot but one you've got to be ready for.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    .460 Weatherby, or .458 Win Mag...there "was" this guy at the range, bragging about his .300Win Mag...how hard it kicked...well he asked to shoot..one of my Ruger No. 1's .. I was shooting 350gr lead round noses in .458 WM..of course I had to say go for it... he didn't ask, he didn't look but I gave him a factory 500 FMJ round... needless to say he`shot it once ...didn't comment...politely thanked me..got up from the bench....but was holding his shoulder :D "Priceless" :D... oh I was wearing a shooting jacket with padded shoulder...he a T-shirt

-Rock

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    I seem to bruise easily lately, so even shooting a 308 semi-auto will leave some red marks. It doesn't HURT...the only thing that's ever really HURT to the point where I've not wanted to shoot it any more was my buddy's 7mm Magnum. And that's just me being a p*ss. :P

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Lahti with the gas turned off.

Ten rounds of handloaded 500gr FMJ from my boss's 458 win mag

ten rounds out of an 700 Sendero 300 ultramag (whole gun weighed about 8 pounds with scope). That gun got a brake shortly after that shooting trip.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Ok, it wasn't my shoulder, but I thought I should toss in that damned .44 special with a 4" barrel and skinny grip. Also I once got to do some semi auto rapid fire with an M-11 SMG, using the crappy stock they have against my shoulder. It was a happy bruise for me though. I would have been happier though if the range had allowed full auto.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I used to get bruised by my Mauser and Mosin. :)

Not so much anymore, just hold them firmly.

what he said...when i was younger i didn't know how to hold a rifle and let it build up enough velocity before it met my shoulder to give me a good punch. Now i have a tighter shooting hold and recoil doesn't really bother me. Memorial day i shot 4 boxes of 12 ga slugs through the 1187 and a bunch of 30-06 through my BAR. Shoulder's not sore or anything. In the past i've shot hundreds of shots through my mosin in one sitting and never had issues. The one that legitimately kicked my arse enough to put a bruise on me was jer's coach gun with the magnum buckshot loads. Just make sure not to squeeze off both triggers at the same time and you'll be okay.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Lahti with the gas turned off.

Ten rounds of handloaded 500gr FMJ from my boss's 458 win mag

ten rounds out of an 700 Sendero 300 ultramag (whole gun weighed about 8 pounds with scope). That gun got a brake shortly after that shooting trip.

pics of finn lahti? :D

matt_b89

Apr 5, 2011
    Allegany County/Frostburg
    i've honestly never shot a gun that hurt when I shot it correctly. This goes for an 30-06 when I was 12 and a 12 gauge same year. Now next year I thought I was a little bad ass because my friends were still shooting .223 and I just got a new 30-30 lever action marlin. Went up to sight it in and held it all loose and cocky. BOOM. Now I preach to anyone scared to shoot a big gun to tuck that thing into your shoulder so it's a push and not a thump.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Bean,

lahti ain't mine (i wish!). belongs to a friend. another 07sot we shoot with. boss has pics of the lahti at the Shinnston shoot a few years ago next to his deuce and a half. It dwarfs the .50bmg rifles next to it.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    My 03a3 with modern hunting ammo can really kick as well as my Mosin Nagant 91/30 with modern hunting ammo probably because the bullets are heavier than regular FMJ ball.
    Worst bruise I got was from shooting 12 guage magnum slugs from a single shot break barrel. Went out a got a limbsaver and it fits on pretty much everything I need it for - what a difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom