• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Folks the Soap box ends on 4/9 at 12:01 we simply can't throw in the towel. We are all angry, but focus that anger into motivation, we need huge groups ready to spring to Annapolis when the floor votes are called, we need more face to face visits especially from new faces, and from Districts with strong MOM ties. We need to call every donor and demand positions in writing or they will be boycotted. What we don't need is folks going off the reservation and making us all look bad. Mad props to all those i met today you are all champs and it was an honor to work along side you all.

Yes... If we can show the same level of enthusiasm for the ouster of the bad legislators, we'll have a shot. We appreciate all of you who are making this effort what it has become!

A few things more: the capital police love our peaceful presence.

This has been wonderful, and the credit goes to all of you for understanding the need to work WITH them to make these events work. I spoke with the door guard last night, and he knew he had no real need to screen us, but did with a wry grin. I forgot to take my phone off, and he just waved me through. On the way out we spoke again, and while I can't repeat what he didn't tell me:D, there is support for what we're up to.

Be relentless on Facebook of those who voted against us.

Be relentless EVERYWHERE. No vote against the Constitution should be allowed to be unchallenged.

Thank those who defended our freedom

Agreed. Let us hope we solve this with Box 2, though.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I understand depression/anger with what happened in the committees but.....

With everyone so upset, is that to say this has no way of being turned down by the house?

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    Listen folks. We all knew going into this fight it was an uphill battle. We all knew that "the fix was in". We all knew that the majority (dems) are souless hacks who would not change their ways but would, at least some, listen to us to appease us. We all knew we did not have much if any chance to win. Yet we organized, we gathered, we wrote, we called, we met, we testified and we TRIED very hard. We may not like where we are at this moment but this is no time to throw in the towel. I know not what course others may take (I think I heard this line somewhere) but I'm in Annapolis Tuesday AM and meeting Tuesday PM with a potential candidate to replace the Delegate I've currently got in 2014. I'm not quitting, hell I haven't even got warmed up yet (you thought I was going to say "...begun to fight" didn't you?). We do have avenues to persue and if we truely want to regain our freedoms, our state, and our country we need to move to the next level. The question each of us needs to ask is what am I willing to do. I have never been more proud than when I'm with all of you fighting the good fight. We have not won but we scare the hell out of them. God bless each and every one of you who did what you could up to this point. God bless all of you who will continue to do what you can to carry this fight forward.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Folks the Soap box ends on 4/9 at 12:01 we simply can't throw in the towel. We are all angry, but focus that anger into motivation, we need huge groups ready to spring to Annapolis when the floor votes are called, we need more face to face visits especially from new faces, and from Districts with strong MOM ties. We need to call every donor and demand positions in writing or they will be boycotted. What we don't need is folks going off the reservation and making us all look bad. Mad props to all those i met today you are all champs and it was an honor to work along side you all.

A few things more: the capital police love our peaceful presence.

Be relentless on Facebook of those who voted against us.

Thank those who defended our freedom

This and more, Even after the "re-vote" issue, those that stormed out and yelled were still respectful with MSP and the DGS police in the building. We got big kudos for that after the fact from some of the officers involved.

We need to keep hammering our Delegates and we need new faces and new blood to step up and do it.

Even if you think it won't do any good, call anyway, get your name on the record as against the bill.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    In my time with OCC both of us were asked if we were lobbyists on a few occasions, that means we have spent a lot of time in Annapolis. I don't mind doing it in the least but we need new faces that have the same reaction. Make time, these are your civil rights we are talking about!!!

Did you guys get the question of "who do you staff for?" I did. :lol2:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Here's my 2 cents. I am very upset , but more than that I feel betrayed. Like most of you I have spent alot of time making calls, sending emails,faxes and traveling back and forth to Annapolis for a just cause, something I truly believe in. We played by the rules and expected our voices and strength in numbers to matter. But it seems our opposition let us to believe it did , even our supporters, then it all goes away with one meeting between the governor and the democrat delegates. It just bothers me that we seemed to have been played. Look, I am a pessimist by nature, so I know it was an uphill battle and that a bill would be passed eventually. I just hoped we would get some decent amendments and somewhat of a compromise on certain things. I don't feel real good about a court battle and a referendum would be worse. I also have a problem with losing some of the other battles, gas tax, death penalty,dream act.This state is going to hell in a hand basket and so many people just sit idly by and let it. I' m still with all of you and in the fight ,but it will take me awhile longer then 12 am to get over this.Thanks for listening.

Here is my take on this.

We have been playing by the "rules" but apparently not the correct rules. What they don't seem to realize, and it was mentioned earlier, is that we are no longer fighting from our knees. We are back on our feet and that scares them, hence the change of rules. For the rest of this session we will be playing catch-up on the rules, but here is the deal.

After April 8th, they go back to doing other things and won't give this a second thought. We won't forget and will start planning (in some cases it has already started) for the next session and the next election cycle in Maryland.

If we stay together and stay focused, we may have a chance next year to dictate the rules and them react to us instead of us playing catch-up.

Keep the faith guys and girls, and make no mistake, we have turned a corner this year.

bpSchoch

Jan 16, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    Part of the campaign going forward has to include getting new people into firearms because then they would support us. Some ideas:

Make a big deal about self defense and the available options e.g. through meetings (checkout meet up.com if you don't know about it), free short intro classes.

Heavily advertise any intro to firearm type classes.

Booths at public events/parades with the above information.

Absolutely capitalize on a situation after home invasions or whenever a homeowner get's hurt (ie immediately setup intro classes in that area)

MSI should actively promote every successful use of a firearm in defending our homes etc.

Produce TV talkshow using public access Television (I started a thread about this about 3 years ago but wasn't able to follow through due to personal reasons). This requires a lot of coordinated volunteer work. This can be done for free using volunteer labor and such facilities as http://www.mymcmedia.org/about/ where access to 2 studies and field equipment are free (if you are trained). I would envision this talk show to include information about firearm safety, self-defense options, show and tell, field reports, news about successful firearm stories.

The goal of all of this, is to turn firearms into a more positive thing, get people talking about, education, be a positive force on firearms.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    All good points but I do not see where they are scared???? This will pass unchanged as they have the vote. They are not even going to listen to any if our amendments they just vote them down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    Here is my take on this.

We have been playing by the "rules" but apparently not the correct rules. What they don't seem to realize, and it was mentioned earlier, is that we are no longer fighting from our knees. We are back on our feet and that scares them, hence the change of rules. For the rest of this session we will be playing catch-up on the rules, but here is the deal.

After April 8th, they go back to doing other things and won't give this a second thought. We won't forget and will start planning (in some cases it has already started) for the next session and the next election cycle in Maryland.

If we stay together and stay focused, we may have a chance next year to dictate the rules and them react to us instead of us playing catch-up.

Keep the faith guys and girls, and make no mistake, we have turned a corner this year.
    I agree we have turned a corner and the majority of those who wronged not just us , but all Marylanders, will go back to whatever and won't give us a second thought. This is a bigger issue than just 2A. The gas tax, driver's licenses for Illegals, windmills and other agenda driven items were rammed through this session. The votes reflect a mostly partisan line for these issues.

One thing the other side does much better than us is organize. They have a distinct advantage there.

They also don't care about playing fair. I truly feel that we have sold ourselves short by being too nice. After yesterday, the gloves should be off, for good. This is now a no quarter battle. Would Frosh, Dumias, Miller or Busch give us any? Anyone who does not understand their ultimate goal is just fooling themselves.

They have drawn the lines and made their decisions. It is now our job to make them feel the consequences for the poor decisions.

We need leadership and a message.

I agree that MSI is the best to lead from the 2A perspective. I'm an MSI member myself. I am also a DINO as of Feb 13. I am willing to assist in any way possible.

We need to organize down to the county or district level to be successful.

The DINO and Alamo concepts need to be the halmarks. This is where the county and district level organization will pay off. We need pressure on donors. We need boycotts against local businesses who support people who are not just Anti 2A but Anti Freedom.

We also need to generate our own DINO candidates. For example, my Senator is Mike Miller. He has run unopposed in the primary since forever. We need someone to run as against him as a Democrat, just to mess with him.

I would but I can't due to Hatch Act. It starts with having people to actively challenge ALL incumbants who trodded on our rights.

The challenge is to get everyone on the same message.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Thanks to those who supplied the pizza. Man, that hit the spot. As I was walking from the hearing room to the break room, an older black man was walking beside me. He mentioned how good that pizza smelled. I told him that someone had sprung for a party in the break room. He stayed right with me into the smaller hallway. He asked if I thought it would be OK to join the party. I said " sure, everybody who's here to oppose this bill is invited". That's when he said " no, I am in favor of it". I told him " I don't think you are going to want to go in there". He spun around right outside of the door, never to be seen again.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Darkest before the dawn, folk.

Keep your powder dry.

Never give up, never surrender.

Cliches, yes, but cliches are cliches because they're true.

Be pissed, be mad, take some time to vent and share your pain with friends, then come back ready to retake our ground, then take theirs.

Long view, long view.

:thumbsup:

I was there, in fact I was one of only a coupla black guys who don't subscribe to the anti's hype. Great meeting some good folks, Multifaceted, occbrian, StraightShooter, Firemedic, Ron Jackson and everybody else whose name I may not remember of even caught.

As someone who has personally used a firearm defensively to protect my father's life think that people (especially black folk) really need to understand the true implications of these laws being proposed. Need to look at the big picture from more than just one angle.

I could ramble on but I digress. In summation, let's keep fighting the good fight.

WiseOldMan53

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Frederick MD
    Thanks to those who supplied the pizza. Man, that hit the spot. As I was walking from the hearing room to the break room, an older black man was walking beside me. He mentioned how good that pizza smelled. I told him that someone had sprung for a party in the break room. He stayed right with me into the smaller hallway. He asked if I thought it would be OK to join the party. I said " sure, everybody who's here to oppose this bill is invited". That's when he said " no, I am in favor of it". I told him " I don't think you are going to want to go in there". He spun around right outside of the door, never to be seen again.

Maybe I'm just evil, but I think I would have had to tell 'em, "Ah hell, no problem. Come on in and I'll introduce ya to everybody."
    :innocent0

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I thought he was one of us since he had a little ribbon on this coat. Turns out Shallnotbeinfringed played a cruel tick on the anti gun group by tagging them with our ribbons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom