• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    I have been contemplating it more and more partly because there has been numerous interest with the IDPA and such shooting pracitces that I may make it a staple that it be allowed. I may put a section in the contract agreement where you have to check a box if you wish to particpate in that style of shooting.

Thanks for seriously considering it. Folks like myself are not just fair weather shooters, so we'd being a constant at the range.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    I would definitely be interested. Open at 9am, 200 to 300 yard rifle range, etc. :thumbsup: I shoot every other Friday at Myrtle Groove now, but a range close by I could shoot after work or Saturday's.

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Thanks for seriously considering it. Folks like myself are not just fair weather shooters, so we'd being a constant at the range.

No problem. I am hopefully anticipating a large number of both regular and non regular shooters coming which is why I had to give consideration to both sides.

I'm in. If it's the piece of land that I think it is, it's a sweet parcel. Hope you can swing it. I'm willing to help out as needed to get it going...
    Reply: It is situated right by Chingville road and is just off of St. Mary's Lake. I hope I can swing it too. I greatly appreciate the support.

I would definitely be interested. Open at 9am, 200 to 300 yard rifle range, etc. I shoot every other Friday at Myrtle Groove now, but a range close by I could shoot after work or Saturday's
    Reply: Well.... may be more like 10am that way I can sleep in :lol2: That is one of the reasons why I want to build a range down here. With really only Sanners being the other "public" range inside St. Mary's, I figured they have had a monolopy on the service long enough.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    ah, I understand the 50 yards of sheltered rifle range now. my recommendation would be to make the rifle portion 100 yards but only shelter the first 50. give people the option.

and if you have 200+ yard section you WILL have many customers, I know many many people down here who are always looknig for more than 100 yards.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    In my case, that's an understatement. I shoot competitively, and haven't had an opportunity to train in three weeks.

Which is quite a bit, for me.

There are quite a few people in the area who haven't had an opportunity to shoot in 3 weeks. :innocent0

Just got my Leup back from the factory and need to check zero on my Remy .308.

Just got my barrel threaded on my 15-22.

I will be picking up my M6 tomorrow and nowhere to test fire short of Myrtle or DelMarVa.

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    ah, I understand the 50 yards of sheltered rifle range now. my recommendation would be to make the rifle portion 100 yards but only shelter the first 50. give people the option.

and if you have 200+ yard section you WILL have many customers, I know many many people down here who are always looknig for more than 100 yards.

The lack of long range rifle ranges in Maryland really sucks bad. Anything > than 100yds would be great, if you could boost out to 300 you'd be flooded with people from all over the place driving to use the range.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Have a classroom.

50yd range is nether fish nor fowl. Not long enough to properly sight in or test a "real" rifle, but requires being anal about exact target placement for the more typical 5-15yd pistol shooting to ensure hitting backstop. 10 lanes at 25yd, and 2 at 50yd would cover the slug gun and muzzleloader needs adaquately.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    me and my 3 brothers are all building AR's and since ive finally gotten them more into shooting we would certainly be regular customers if you are closer or only a little farther away than myrtle grove from us up here in brandywine. especially if there will be a 200 or more yard rifle range, we've got a pistol range nearby and another opening soon, but nothing for rifles, and even MG is only 100 yards.

both covered and uncovered picnic area near the range but far enough you dont necessarily need ear protection while its in use would be great. especially if folks could grill or steam up some crab or whatever there, would make for great meet n greets.

a steel range would be awesome too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom