• GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Don't forget:

Nice clean heads
    Water fountains
    Sink area to clean up after shooting
    Reply: Already planning for those items.

Sounds fantastic, just let me know if there is any way I can help.
    Reply: Thanks. It is very much appreciated.

Maybe allow MDENG, to train a few courses there also.
    Reply: I was thinking about allowing that to happen as well.

Hurry up and open! I'm jonesing to go shooting!
    Reply: I am working on it lol. These things don't just happen over night ;)

ah, I understand the 50 yards of sheltered rifle range now. my recommendation would be to make the rifle portion 100 yards but only shelter the first 50. give people the option. and if you have 200+ yard section you WILL have many customers, I know many many people down here who are always looknig for more than 100 yards.
    Reply: I had orginally thought about that but what I came up with was having problems with the building design and the berm requirements, at least according to the NRA source book. I also have to watch the land usage. If it get the land I am wanting, it will have restrictions on how much of it I can use for the shooting range parts per zoning restrictions. That is why I am planning on a 200-300 yard range. I have had several people from Baltimore and other Northern Maryland message me stating that if I were to build it, they would be willing to drive down here just to shoot.

The lack of long range rifle ranges in Maryland really sucks bad. Anything > than 100yds would be great, if you could boost out to 300 you'd be flooded with people from all over the place driving to use the range.
    Reply: That is my exact feelings. If I really want to shoot long range, I have to call my buddy at Quantico so I can shoot there. See also previous reply above :D

If you open up I will give you my money.
    Reply: Why thank you. I will also take it now too :innocent0 ;) :D

I'll give you my first born! She's a pain in the butt anyway.. hehe.
    Reply: Sorry, but I can only take Cash, Credit, Debit, and Guns as payment :D

Are you going to have a store for accessories, ammo and firearms?
    Reply: Yes I am going to have a small store there. There will be only ammo and accessories at the beggining. I hopefully be able to have a FFL there at some point down the road once it is up and running for a little while.

Have a classroom.
    Reply: Actually planning on having two classrooms that can sit 50 people at at the minimum with a movable dividing wall between them so I can use it as one large space as need be.

I hope we arn't making you crazy!
    Reply: Not in the least bit ;) I did ask for all opinions, concerns, and ideas.

Count me in. With it being just several minutes drive from my house there is no way I won't join up.
    Reply: Good to know. I am counting on the fact that Sanners limits their membership so exsculively and that they have a real monopoly in St. Mary's, that it will push business my way.

Both covered and uncovered picnic area near the range but far enough you dont necessarily need ear protection while its in use would be great. Especially if folks could grill or steam up some crab or whatever there, would make for great meet n greets.
    Reply: I had orginially thought of that but had some concerns. I am still determing whether or not there would be a sufficent need/desire for such a space. I have included in my building plans a small section adjacent to the ranges themselves, were there would be seating areas, tables, restrooms, and a small snack bar. There would be large window looking out to the lanes, that way people can sit inside whether it is hot or cold outside and wait for the next available lane to open up.

jaygibson

Aug 17, 2010
    Great Mills, MD
    I would join and be there at least a couple of days a week. That is just up the road from me. I would be willing to help out if you need anything. Good luck.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    As someone who lives in Leonardtown during the summer and doesn't have enough land to shoot on, I would be very interested. Would you be doing rentals?

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    As someone who lives in Leonardtown during the summer and doesn't have enough land to shoot on, I would be very interested. Would you be doing rentals?

Yes, I would be interested in doing rentals. However, they would probably be a little further down the line, probably by a couple months. That way, I can work out all the kinks and rough spots beforehand. I have been talking with a couple of friends in the State Police and Sherrifs Office, and they would be extremely interested in renting out the facilities.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I would like to see a couple competition pits (50 yards would be good I guess) where I can come in, set up a stage (steel, paper, barricades etc) and run it. These pits would also be great places to host out of town training classes. The targets and other equipment I will bring myself so no need for the range to have it. :)

Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    I just looked into what Berwyn had to do to get their range re-opened. The likelihood of a new range being built looks highly unlikely.

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    Considering that Sanner's is effectively shut down I'm curious what the local govt will do about you? If you're a go, I'm in for sure.

Caudizle

Jun 6, 2011
    Calvert County
    I work in St. Marys as a Contractor, I live in Calvert. We mostly shoot in the woods behind our house, downhill into the creek bed, which is fine for a little fun shooting but makes any serious shooting impossible. I'd be interested in helping any way I can, shoot me a PM/email and let me know what there is to do. Man I would be really glad if this actually happens.

~Scott

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Well guys and gals there some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that I need somewhere in the range between 2 and 3,000,000 in start up capital in order to get the range operational. The good news is I know have a solid business planfor and a good set of blueprints to present to the business loan application. This way I am more likely to get loan approved. I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming support and ideas that has been given to me.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Well guys and gals there some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that I need somewhere in the range between 2 and 3,000,000 in start up capital in order to get the range operational. The good news is I know have a solid business planfor and a good set of blueprints to present to the business loan application. This way I am more likely to get loan approved. I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming support and ideas that has been given to me.
    Unless you have/own the land or some other collateral I doubt anyone will loan that kind of money on what is called "good will" (or something similar).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom