• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    So in other words, you hit the proverbial brick wall, but, the idea was grand ?

Yes, I have hit the proverbial brick wall but the idea isn't dead. I have a meeting scheduled with the bank to talk about the small business loan. The small business loan was always going to be the hardest part. The loan is a government loan so there are more hoops to jump through then any other kind of loan. Fingers crossed.

Also, I have had a freaking epic idea. My friend came up with the idea of having a dirt track for go karts or 4 wheelers. My thinking is that a lot of people down here already have one of those. So my idea is to have a tank (yes, I said a tank as an actual TANK) and allow people to take the tank out on a track and be able to drive it, because how many people in their lives (besides our brave men and women of the military) get to drive a tank in their lives?

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Yes, I have hit the proverbial brick wall but the idea isn't dead. I have a meeting scheduled with the bank to talk about the small business loan. The small business loan was always going to be the hardest part. The loan is a government loan so there are more hoops to jump through then any other kind of loan. Fingers crossed.

Yeah I would assume from past years or reading and learning about opening a new, privately owned, gun range of any kind is somewhat of a major hassle. I also understand that the NRA is required to have some involvement in a gun range in the state Maryland as well. This fact I don't know of for certain, but, from my discussions with certain DNR friends, it appears that no one can open a range these days without some interest from the NRA. This involvement may have something to do with insurance / liability only, but, that's another discussion for another day.

The big issue is getting our County Commissioners to even breath in the direction of a shooting range submission. Charles County won't even allow a permit for a Turkey Shoot. I can only imagine how the County Commi's would react to opening a shooting range in this county.

I had considered opening an indoor range in the old Super Fresh grocery story here in Indian Head, this building has been vacant for over 13 years now. After a few initial questions regarding the idea about 7 years ago, I just walked away from any future thoughts of opening a range in this town and county. After all, when you have to hold a $1M minimum insurance policy in this state... the sunny day idea starts to cloud fast.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    OK -- now you're just messin' with me

...I have had a freaking epic idea. ... my idea is to have a tank (yes, I said a tank as an actual TANK) and allow people to take the tank out on a track and be able to drive it, because how many people in their lives ... get to drive a tank in their lives?

:lol: You had me going there for a while. +1 for you.

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Ladies and Gentle Shooters,

A series of major improvement has occurred!!! I signed an agreement with the realtor to purchase the property, with the contingency that it first be approved by the County Commissioners and the Board of Appeals. Another major improvement, due to land configuration, the long distance range has been reconfigured. Now, it may up to 1,000 YARDS!!!!!!!! Take that Quantico. The last major update comes in the form of a surveyor. I will be meeting with the surveyor I have hired to discuss final building plans. Thank you one and all for all the words of encouragement and support. I am additionally awaiting a phone call back from Sheriff Cameron to "pick his brain".

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    If you doa 1,000 yard range, I am a guaranteed customer! Not too far of a drive from Waldorf after all... I have been wanting to get my .50 out there, but it is such a pain to shoot at Quantico, and Myrtle Grove isnt exactly challenging at only 100 yards...

krucam

Ultimate Member

A series of major improvement has occurred!!! I signed an agreement with the realtor to purchase the property, with the contingency that it first be approved by the County Commissioners and the Board of Appeals. Another major improvement, due to land configuration, the long distance range has been reconfigured. Now, it may up to 1,000 YARDS!!!!!!!! Take that Quantico. The last major update comes in the form of a surveyor. I will be meeting with the surveyor I have hired to discuss final building plans. Thank you one and all for all the words of encouragement and support. I am additionally awaiting a phone call back from Sheriff Cameron to "pick his brain".

You had me at 300....

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    You had me at 300....

Well basically the owner of the current property forgot to mention that the MD Forestry Service comes in every few years to cut down somewhere between 20-30k trees. Next service is scheduled for June. A swath of trees at almost 1,000 is to be cut down.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys

Shit just got real! :shocked::rockon:

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom